The Why: Kudos Yamhill-Carlton Pinot Noir has a tremendously rich and chocolatey flavor that stems from the deep, dark soils of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. We find that the beautiful garnet colored Pinot Noir is a perfect pair with a light, earthy meal. Enter one of Oregon’s greatest treasures–Chanterelles. This meal is easy to prepare and the combination of the wine and the shrooms are sure to be a hit (just so long as your company loves mushrooms).
– Freshly picked Oregon chanterelle mushrooms (oyster mushrooms as a backup)
– 1 Jar Jacobsen Pure Flake Finishing Sea Salt
– Fresh thyme
– 1 stick Kerrygold Irish Butter
– 1 btl organic extra virgin Olive Oil
– Fresh ground pepper
– 2 garlic cloves
- Coat large skillet pan in e.v. olive oil and bring to medium heat
- Add freshly picked chanterelle mushrooms until you can no longer see the pan.
- Simmer until the mushrooms become slightly golden
- Mince the two cloves of garlic and add to the pan
- Sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add a few dollops of butter to taste
- Mix it all up, letting the flavors of garlic, butter and thyme soak into the mushrooms and all gel together as one.
- Plate a few healthy servings, pour a glass of 2017 Kudos Pinot Noir Reserve and enjoy all the amazing combinations of flavor that await